ONA and Science
What Does Science Tell Us?The information provided here will help you understand what science tells us about sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
1) The Healthy Minds website is provided by the American Psychiatric Association. It gives an overview of the basics of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
2) The American Psychological Association also offers answers to frequently asked questions about sexual orientation.
3) The American Psychological Association has another set of frequently asked questions related to gender identity and gender expression.
4) The American Academy of Pediatrics provides the following clinical report on the topic of sexual orientation and adolescents.
5) The American Psychiatric Association has issued the following policy statements for its practitioners.
6) The American Medical Association’s policy on sexual orientation can be found below.